Choose the salad while detoxing!
Did you know that there are certain times of the year that it is helpful to do a detox to help your body/mind function at its best? Fall is one of those times. Is it time to detox? Yes! Unload sugars. Dairy, Gluten?
To do a good detox, you have to prep for the prep! Don’t worry, it’s not as daunting as it sounds, yet you should be prepared that this will be about a 3 week process. I’ve done it and can tell you that you not only lose a few unwanted pounds, your body feels great after what I like to call a “reset.”
This article focuses on you, yet we have something for the pets, mascots, the fur babies we love so much. They can receive help from a detox too! More on that later...
Most people understand what we put into our body eventually must be eliminated; especially after all nutrients have been extracted the body has no further use for useless energetic substances. Proper elimination is key for a healthy body, but this act alone is only part of solving problems involving food sensitivity, allergies, and toxic reactions.
Oftentimes stress plays a key source of accumulative imbalances and play a major factor in physical side effects. One of the best ways to keep a healthy sense of vitality is keeping the body as clean and hydrated as possible. On the flip side, if we keep consuming things that are not friendly to our natural process of elimination then we begin to experience unhealthy changes that lead to toxic waste by-product build-up. Once this process develops, the body can no longer self-regulate. Soon you will have unwanted toxic waste accumulating which may begin to manifest as immune deficient responses such as food sensitivities and physical aversions to things we have not previously experienced as an issue. This means the body is in a state of overload and needs help.
Detoxification is a means to help the body rid waste it no longer can properly eliminate or rejuvenate and thrive on its own. Keep in mind that to create healing one must establish the conditions within the body that will allow healing to unfold. And, for a safe and proper detoxification process to occur, it must follow certain stages (especially when dealing with more serious health issues).
If you want to understand what is possible through detoxification, then, Maria Chah recommends it is best to follow the four pillars of detoxing as follows:
THE 4 PILLARS OF DETOXIFICATION
What is possible through detoxification?
- Reduce exposure
- Awaken the waste
- Release the waste
- Commitment and consistency
1. REDUCE EXPOSURE
- Become aware of the sources of toxicity in one’s life
- Make a cleaner choice: Find ways to reduce toxin exposure
- How toxic am I? Self-test:
2. AWAKEN THE WASTE
- Be aware of toxins you maybe consuming
- Work on mucus congestion, stop foods that create excess phlegm
- Hydrate your body with good living water (mountain spring water)
- Improve alkalinity with:
- Good Spring or Reverse Osmosis Water (be sure to add a pinch of Celtic or Himalayan Salt/mineral) in RO water to activate cells.
- Fresh leafy greens. Juicing with some fresh fruits as well.
- Have as much fresh Veggies as possible (Preferably Organic) But OK if you buy conventional then soak in white vinegar, rinse and repeat. This washes off residual pesticides.
- Alkalizing and mineral supplementation (IntraMax & IntraMineral) or liquid vitamins that are organically cold processed (not denatured by heat).
- Negative ions can come from activated water
- Reduce acid accumulations (Caffeine, sodas, too much red meat, alcohol, dairy and processed foods)
- Reduce microbes (Bad bacteria from raw meats and veggies)
- Reduce food stagnation (Overeating, poor food combinations, lack of movement/exercise)
- Reduce old emotional chemistry and tension (Chew slowly and longer, avoid heavy argumentative conversations during mealtime)
3. RELEASE THE WASTE
Avenues of elimination are:
The liver and lymph are part of the house cleaning system, but they do not have exit doors and for this reason, the liver and lymphatic system needs alternative assistance like an annual to biannual detox regimen. Especially if your diet is not very healthy.
4. COMMITMENT AND CONSISTENCY
- Commit to cleansing as an on-going part of your treatment/health plan
- Like exercise, consistency is needed to see the results you want
The best times to Detox are usually Spring and Fall. So, prepare yourself for a good two weeks prior to your 7-10 day short cleanse detox.
If you want to learn more, this is a time to seek counseling for your specific needs. Once you have done a healthy cleanse, you will be prepared to re-introduce new healthy foods. You will notice right away how your body responds to each food introduced. If you notice a reaction, this is usually a key sign that you should avoid this item from your diet a bit longer or cut it out completely. After the detox, nourish and replenish your body by continuing good healthy habits. Whilst maintaining healthy habits, a few cheats here and there won't be as disruptive to your health.
Healthy recipe for you:
We found this wonderful recipe from makingthymeforhealth that is dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free & vegan! It’s super easy and has a 5-minute prep time. This recipe yields 8 oz. It not only looks pretty but it is tasty and nourishing for your body.
AUTUMN DETOX SMOOTHIE
Chop the apple, carrots and ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 carrots - peel them (should be around 1/2 cup)
- 1 apple (should be around 1 cup)
- handful of ice cubes
Put everything in a blender (start with the liquids). When you see it looks smooth, you are ready to enjoy it. If you feel it needs more water, add as desired.
We can’t leave out our pets!
Maybe you and your pets can detox together. Cats and dogs may be a little resistant because like us, they don’t always make the best choices for food. Luckily, we can help them in this process by choosing to feed them the best possible foods we can. You can investigate healthy food options for your pet based on the type of pet you have. There is a ton of information online (be sure to confirm it is a good source).
Our pets are always aiming to please and feel good when they are loved and fed well. Help them live their best life too!
Images courtesy of rawpixel. Smoothie photo & recipe courtesy of Making Thyme For Health.
To learn more about how to create a healthy and safe detox regimen, please contact our office at 561-249-04447 for a consultation on how to start your annual wellness optimization. It’s advised to always consult your medical doctor and let them know what you are planning on doing, especially anyone with health complications. During the consultation at ChahAcutherapy we provide guidance on good manufactured physician grade Homeopathic herbal medicine, supplements, minerals, and vitamins customized for you.
Your health team: ChahAcutherapy - We are here for you.