At Chah Acutherapy, we use Acupoint Injection Therapy with ozone as delivery and dispersal system for therapeutic, homeopathic formulas. Ideal for targeting soft issue injury and chronic pain points, this technique harnesses the healing benefits of ozone and gives the body a significant boost in healing itself.
You may have heard that ozone therapy can improve your overall health by increasing the oxygen levels in your blood. The article below outlines 13 physiological effects of ozone therapy on the body, taken from a study done by Dr. Frank Shallenberger. It is important to point out that there are a number of ways that ozone is being applied in therapeutic and cosmeceutical settings. Ozone can be administered include IV injection into the blood, by inhalation therapy, or by subcutaneous injection. In our practice, we use ozone to significantly increase the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory and healing formulas through injection into soft tissue.
How Ozone Helps
1. Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells. When these cells malfunction, they fail to eliminate invaders and even turn against normal, healthy cells (allergic reactions). Ozone significantly raises the oxygen levels in the blood for long periods after ozone administration; as a result, allergies tend to become desensitized. High levels of oxygen help protect the body from viruses, bacteria, fungi, and cancer.
2. Interferon levels are significantly increased. Interferons are globular proteins which orchestrate every aspect of the immune system. Interferons are produced by cells in muscles, connective tissue, white blood cells, and virus infected cells. These interferons warn adjacent, healthy cells of the likelihood of infection; in turn, they are rendered non-permissive host cells. In other words, they inhibit viral replication. Levels of gamma interferon can be elevated 400-900% by ozone. Interferons are FDA approved for the treatment of chronic Hepatitis B and C, Genital warts (caused by Papilomavirus), Hairy-cell Leukemia, Karposi’s Sarcoma, Relapsing- Remitting Multiple Sclerosis, and Chronic Granulomatous Disease.
3. Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor. TNF is produced by the body when a tumor is growing. The greater the mass of the tumor the more tumor necrosis factor is produced (up to a point). When a tumor has turned metastatic, cancer cells are breaking off and being carried away by the blood and lymph. This allows the tumor to take up residence elsewhere in the body; or in other words, divide its forces. These lone cancer cells have little chance of growing due to the TNF produced to inhibit the original tumor. When the tumor is removed surgically, TNF levels drop dramatically, and new tumors emerge from seemingly healthy tissue.
4. Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2. Interluekin-2 is one of the cornerstones of the immune system.
5. Ozone Kills bacteria at low concentrations. The metabolism of most bacteria is on average one-seventeenth as efficient as our own. Because of this, most cannot afford to produce disposable anti-oxidant enzymes such as catalase. Very few types of bacteria can live in an environment composed of more than two percent ozone.
6. Ozone is effective against all types of fungi. This includes systemic Candida albicans, athletes’ foot, molds, mildews, yeast, and ever mushrooms.
7. Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways. As discussed above, ozone also goes after the viral particles directly. The part of the virus most sensitive to oxidation is the reproductive structure. This is how the virions enter the cell. With this structure inactivated, the virus is essentially “Dead.” Cells already infected have a natural weakness to ozone. Due to the metabolic burden of the infection the cells can no longer produce the enzymes necessary to deal with the ozone and repair the cell.
8. Ozone is anti-neoplastic. This means that ozone inhibits the growth of new tissue because rapidly dividing cells shift their properties away from producing the enzyme needed to protect themselves from the ozone. Cancer cells are rapidly dividing cells are inhibited by ozone.
9. Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque. It breaks down the plaque involved in both Arteriosclerosis and Arthrosclerosis. This means ozone tends to clear blockages of large and even smaller vessels. This allows for better tissue oxygenation in deficient organs.
10. Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells. When one views a red blood cell under a microscope, it looks like a disc. In the capillaries. Where they pick-up (lungs) and release (tissue) oxygen, these discs stretch out into the shape of an oval or umbrella. This aids their passage through the tiny vessels and makes the exchange of gas more efficient. The increase in flexibility of the RBC’s allow oxygen levels to stay elevated for days, even weeks after treatment with ozone.
11. Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Kreb’s cycle or TCA cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolysis of carbohydrate for energy. This takes place in the mitochondria of the cell. Most of the energy stored in glucose (sugar) is converted in this pathway.
12. Ozone makes the anti-oxidant enzyme system more efficient.
13. Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to your long time health.